The following is a guest post from an anonymous sister to her brothers in Islam—just a few friendly tips of advice.
- Just because a sister is outspoken, do not assume she likes you.
- Did I mention she probably does not like you? (deserves to be stated twice)
- Please stop being paranoid and move on with your life, it will be better for you and the sister.
- Just because she likes your posts on Facebook does not mean she likes you.
- Facebook like button: danger! May cause drama for no reason or build wrong ideas in people’s minds.
- Also I understand the whole gender relations issue in Islam is a real and important one, but it doesn’t mean you have to be a cruel person to establish a distance from females.
- Be cautious, but don’t be cruel/rude.
- Holding the door for a sister won’t make the sister fall in love with you. (common courtesy, Bro, have you heard of it? Search it up on Google)
- Helping a sister carry boxes won’t lower your iman (well at least…I don’t think it should).
- Saying “Asalaamu Alaykum” to a sister is not a sin, nor is replying with “Wa Alaykum Asalaam.” She won’t fall in love with you if you say salaam to her.
Not trying to rant or be rude, but putting my recent frustration out there because a sister can get hurt from a brother’s rude behavior. Remember please, SISTERS ARE ALLAH’S CREATION TOO!
At the end of the day, everything comes down to our intentions, so may Allah help keep our intentions pure. Ameen.